Saturday, September 10, 2011

Lyres in Rome


We visited the Vatican Museums yesterday during the special Friday night hours.  Below is the beginning of a post that will be consistently updated as I find more Alpha Chi Omega related things in Rome!



Lyrebird!


Woman playing Lyre #1


Woman playing Lyre #2
Child playing Lyre.

The whole scene.







Every time I saw a Lyre, I got so excited!



It's really hard to see, but a man is carrying a Lyre in this scene.
A Seahorse!  My favorite animal :)

Hera!


Me with Hera!  I forgot to do the AXO sign, but my roommate Danielle has one that I will post eventually.
I randomly turned around and found this hiding on the window sill.


This is for my little Michelle who loves elephants.













Lyrebird mosaic on the floor.




We're not positive if this is a Lyre, but it seems like it is Lyre-shaped.



After this point, my camera died, but my roommates did take some pictures for me that I will post as soon as they're uploaded!

1 comment: